Welcome to Q8DVD! We are a subscription service that provides our members with access to media streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TVs, computers and other devices ("Q8DVD ready devices"). Our service also provides recommendations, reviews and other information regarding these media.
- Membership. Your Q8DVD membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly renewal date, you authorize us to charge your next month's membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below). To use the Q8DVD service you must have Internet access and a Q8DVD ready device, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method"). You can find specific details regarding your membership with Q8DVD by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link available at the top of the pages of the Q8DVD website under your profile name.
- 3.1. Billing Cycle. The membership fee for our service will be billed on a monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paid membership. In some cases the timing of your billing may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and click on the "Billing details" link on the "Your Account" page to see your next payment date.
- 3.2. Payment Methods. You can change your Payment Method by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change your Payment Method or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- 3.3. Cancellation. You can cancel your Q8DVD membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Q8DVD service through the end of your monthly billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched media. To cancel, go to the "Your Account" page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click "Billing details" on the "Your Account" page. If you signed up for Q8DVD using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your Q8DVD membership at any time, including during your free trial, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from, the Q8DVD service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your Q8DVD membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- 3.4. Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
- Q8DVD Service
- 4.1. You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the Q8DVD service. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- 4.2. The Q8DVD service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Q8DVD membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Q8DVD service and view media on a streaming-only basis. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- 4.3. You may view a media through the Q8DVD service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such media. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch depends on your chosen subscription plan and is specified on the "Your Account" page.
- 4.4. We continually update the Q8DVD service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of media. You can at any time opt-out of these tests by visiting the "Your Account" page and changing the "Test participation" settings.
- 4.6. The quality of the display of the streaming media may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 0.5 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. HD and Ultra HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in HD or Ultra HD and not all subscription plans allow you to receive HD or Ultra HD content. Default playback settings on cellular networks exclude HD and Ultra HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. A download speed of at least 25.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Ultra HD content, which is defined as resolution greater than 1080p. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching a media will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the media you have selected and the configuration of your Q8DVD ready device.
- 4.7. Q8DVD streaming software is developed by, or for, Q8DVD and is designed to enable streaming of content from Q8DVD through Q8DVD ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you will automatically receive updated versions of the Q8DVD and related third-party software. If your Q8DVD ready device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the Q8DVD ready device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the Q8DVD service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information. To deactivate a device, follow the instructions on the "Your Account" page.
- Passwords & Account Access
- 5.1. The member who created the Q8DVD account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the Q8DVD account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should not reveal the password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- 5.2. You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Q8DVD website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Q8DVD or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Unsolicited Materials. Q8DVD does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for media, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Q8DVD.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
- Warranties and Limitations on Liability. The Q8DVD service is provided "as is" and without warranty. In particular, our service may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special and consequential damages against us, and any direct damages exceeding one month’s membership fee. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the laws of your country of residence.